Some of the gang
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Well today is St Andrews Day, a special day for us Scots, as it our patron saint's day. Not only is St Andrew the patron saint of Scotland, but he is also the patron saint of Russia and Greece. Although in Scotland there doesn't seem to be a lot done to celebrate St Andrews Day, for Scottish expats it is a day of celebrations. This year our celebrations were held on Thursday night with the Awali Callies holding their annual St Andrews Night Ball. So out come the kilts and posh frocks. Have to say I think Billy and I scrub up well, mind you I am a wee bit biased!!!!
The Awali Callies' Committee.
Andy Doherty, Me, Brian Tierney, Alistair Woods, Debbie Macleod, Jamie Bowden (British Ambassador to Bahrain), Sarah Bowden, Alistair Macleod, Nancy Shepherd and Billy.
For me, the preparations for the ball are quite hectic as being Secretary of the Callies, one of my jobs was to make the placecards, menus and seating plan lists done.
Let me tell you that I love you
Thursday, November 27, 2008
With this tag I have to give 7 interesting facts about me. And pass the tag on to 7 more people, so here it goes:
1. My four favourite people in the world are, my darling husband of 25 years and my three wonderful works in progress, Tara, Sarah and Will.
2. Was born an expat brat. Boy does it cause hassle when I have to renew my passport.
3. Glad I was born a girl as my Dad always says that if I had been a boy I would have been called Basil.
4. Am Secretary of the Awali Callies, well someone needs to get the guys in order.
5. Am petrified of snakes.
6. My favourite places to eat are Trader Vics in Bahrain and think I would have to say Simpsons in Aberdeen.
7. Don't mind doing the supermarket shopping, but hate having to put it away.
Phew that was a struggle, now for the next struggle, tagging 7 blogs. Well here goes.
1. Louise's Asylum - well she did start this thing
3. The Cazz Bar
4. Jak's Kitchen - she is such an inspiration
5. Cullen Crafts - close to home
6. Anne Marie
Friday, November 7, 2008
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
November is one of my busy month for birthdays and anniversaries, 5 birthdays including mine and 1 wedding anniversary all in the space of 8 days.
We kick off with Will's birthday and on the same day it is Kelly Ann's birthday, Sarah best buddy. Will's one, was a difficult one to come up with a theme for, until I saw the image of the Singapore Sling. All I did was matted the image on red and cream card and mounted on brown card stock and printed off the sentiments on cream card and matted it on the same red card as the image.
Printable Heaven. Finished it off by printing off the sentiment and then used the oval and scalloped oval to the topper. Finally finished it off with a peel off saying which I coloured in pink.