Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A Golden Anniversary

November also is the time for my Mum and Dad's wedding anniversary. This year is a landmark one - 50 years, and to be with them on the day, Billy and I have paid for them to fly out to Bahrain for a holiday. It is just a pity the kids couldn't manage to come out as well.

The first card I tackled for the anniversary was the one from Billy and me to Mum and Dad. I wanted something simply and elegant and I think I have got it just right. Embossed the top layer of the topper with 'Stylized Flower' folder and popped a couple of gold gems into the centre of the flowers. For a wee delicate touch, which does not show clearly on the photo is the heat embossed hearts on the gate folds of the card, which were stamped with clear ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. The sentiment was a rub on.

The second I have had to do for the occasion is the one from my Dad to my Mum. For this one I relied heavily on my trusty cuttlebug. Using the embossing folder 'Hearts Block', the concentric heart die and the heart die from the textile hearts cut and emboss set.

Thanks for popping by.

2 comments:

Linda . J said...

Beautiful cards Linda and so very romantic, love the embossing.
Hugs Linda

Louise Emma said...

Beautiful classy cards Linda x