Sunday, March 7, 2010

Back to Cardmaking

Having not made any cards for a few weeks now, what with all the excitement of Sarah & Mikey's engagement and the trip home to organise the wedding, I thought I better make a start on the cards for upcoming birthdays and anniversary.

With having wedding stuff buzzing through my head for the last few weeks, had to laugh to myself when I checked my list of the cards that I need to do. Would you believe it was a wedding anniversary. I found my inpsiration for this card a magazine called 'Wedding Invites' that I bought to me some ideas for Sarah and Mikey's invitations.

For the card I used some scraps of card that I had lying about, two plain and one tartan. One of the plain scraps I embossed using the swiss dots folder. Using my square nestabilities I cut out three squares of each and die cut a heart in each colour. The base card is white A4 card which I folded and cut into a 5 3/4 inch square card. Then used some matt silver mirri card for the mat arranging the square in a 3 x 3 pattern. On the middle row I stuck on a heart on each square, raising the middle heart slightly higher with foam pads. Finishing off with a peel off sentiment.


Apologies for the poor quality of the photo, I couldn't get a good photo without any reflection.

Thanks for popping by.

2 comments:

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

great card hun, love the LO ..

Sounds as tho your really busy..lol
hugs shell xx

Louise Emma said...

Fab work as always x Well done xxxxx Sorry I have been absent again...... slap my wrists! I will try and do better I promise xxx Huggles Lou xxx