Thursday, April 15, 2010

Ma'salama MK1

The Vice-President of the Callies asked me to do a card for a couple who are leaving Bahrain and who have attended her Scottish Country dancing classes for many years. She asked if it could reflect Scotland and Dancing. After a fruitless search online for Scottish Country Dancing images, I looked in my stamp and embossing folder boxes and found the musical notes embossing folder and a stamp with part of 'Auld Lang Syne'. In my 12 x 12 paper box I found some two side card - Imaginisce - Go For Baroque - Ooooh La La.

I inked up the Auld Lang Syne stamp with Adirondack's Cabin Fever ink pad and stamped on to a light gold lustre cardstock. The same cardstock was embossed and then I took a brayer inked up with the Cabin Fever stamped and rolled it over the embossing. Both these pieces of cardstock were matted on the red side of the Imaginisce cardstock. The yellow side was matted on to an A5 sized card in red lustre.

The sentiment - Ma'assalama (arabic for goodbye) was printed out and matted onto the red Imaginisce cardstock.

Thanks for popping by.

1 comment:

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

What a great idea hun..love it

hugs shell xx