Monday, March 12, 2012

On Your Special Day

As I didn't do any crafting yesterday, had a day out with my buddy, Lynn, in the malls. Shop till you drop, lol. However, she did ask if I would make a card for her as she was going to a christening at the weekend. So when I sat down in my crafty corner I knew what kind of card to do but not what. The verse for the inside of the card was the only thing I was certain of -

May The Lord bless you and keep you
May the Lord make his face to shine upon you,
and be gracious to you.
May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you,
and give you peace

Had a scramble through my pile of card toppers and found Kanban's Matryoshka Love Birds and thought yep, cute. Started off running a piece of white lustre card through the cuttlebug in the trusty Swiss Dots folder and added a wee bow and ribbon from my stash. Added the border edge from the set. Then out came the nesties - Blossom - and cut a couple of blossoms - one from the co-ordinating Kanban cardstock and one from the white lustre card which I inked up with Tim Holtz Distress inks - Milled Lavender and Dusty Concord. Topped off with a couple of toppers from the sheet. The final finish was adding a silver peel-off which I coloured purple.

Thanks for popping by.

1 comment:

Linda . J said...

Awe Linda this is so cute and love those colours, love how you did the sentiment, must get my peeloffs out as I never use them and now you have me inspired.

Hope you had a good shop lol envy here.
Hugs Linda