Friday, February 27, 2009

On a roll today

As Billy was working today, the Refinery has a big shutdown ongoing, decided to spend the day cardmaking for the March birthdays. Managed to get four done.

The first card is for Grace at works birthday tomorrow. It will be a day late in being delivered. Used on of the images on the cd that came along with Papercraft Essentials Issue 37 and decoupaged the large butterfly and used Sakura glaze pens to highlight the wings.

The second card is for Marylin, aka Mog, who I used to work with in Stewart & Watson's. Again using an image from the cd and decoupaging one of the fairy queens and using white Sakura glaze pen to highlight the decoupaged wings.

The third card, is for Rita & Doug's wedding anniversary. Took out my 'Bug'. Using the heart die in the Olivia Alphabet set cut out three hearts in differing shades of red and pink. In the same shades of red and pink cut out a plain circle and scalloped circle using my nestability dies. Made a DL card and trimmed an inch off the front, matted on the front of the card a piece of Bo Bunny's Ella Strip. Mounted the hearts and circles so that they overhung the cut edge. The sentiment I printed off using Word.

The final card of the day, is my Dad's birthday card. He is 80 this year. At first I thought about doing something with the numbers 8 and 0, but couldn't get it to work. So decided to rummage through my Wendy Stenton templates and came across the wine bottle template and it seemed to speak to me. Cut it out as though I was going to use it as a card, but mounted it onto a C5 card trimming off the extra at the top. Using Word did the label '80 years old, What A Vintage'. Using the Sizzix Shadow Box to cut out 'Dad' in two shades of green. Once I had all these fixed onto the card, I felt it was still missing something. Ended up getting a photo taken of my Dad on his birthday a couple of years and mounted it on the same cardstock that I used for the bottle.

2 comments:

Linda . J said...

Hi Linda You got some beautiful cards done, I'm sure everyone will love them.
Hugs Linda

Louise Emma said...

Fab cards Linda, well done hun x