Thursday, May 7, 2009

Been a bit quiet

Have been very quiet this week as I have a severe chest infection and have been signed off my work and have been put on a course of heavy duty antibiotics. Got to go back to see the doc on Sunday.

Today is the first day that I have felt like doing anything. It was a bit of a struggle, as I still feel a wee bit weak, but managed to get two cards done. This first card I did was for a friend who has had some knee surgery. Decided on a blue theme as he is a Glasgow Rangers fan. I used blue cardstock for the base and printed off a sheet of striped paper from Printable Heaven for the background. Then being a thrifty Scot, I used some of my scraps of card and with my Nestabilities - circles and inverted scalloped circles - cut out three sets. On each set stuck on one of the words of 'Get Well Soon'. Using more scraps cut three strips of navy blue cardstock which I stuck on the background stripes and at the end of each strip mounted one of the circle sets.

The second card I got done was a friend of one of our neighbours. The neighbours are organising a birthday party for him tonight and to which we have been invited but as I am still feeling a bit weak have declined. Don't know where the inspiration came from. When I was doing the 'Get Well Card' I was going through my stamps drawer for the sentiments and spied 'Claudette the Camel', which I stamped onto some scrap cream cardstock using brown ink. Then coloured it in with watercolour pencils. The Nestabilities came out again - deckled rectangles - and cutting out Claudette and the mat below. For the background of the card I used the darker section of the background section of Fred, She Said's Dancing Daisy and the 'Happy Birthday' sentiment came from the same sheet.


2 comments:

Linda . J said...

Hi Linda just the camel is beautiful and the colours are great.
Hugs Linda

Louise Emma said...

Love the simpleness of the first one and I absolutely love that camel!!