Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Thank You

After having such a wonderful night on Thursday at the St George's Society Red and White Ball, I thought it would be nice gesture to send the Society a thank you from Billy and myself.

I found my layout inspiration at the Fab Friday spot over at Cuttlebug Challenges. As with any inspiration everyone's interpretation is slightly different, mine turned out slightly elongated. My colour scheme colour could only be based on the Union Jack, red white and blue and my image a Beefeater. We were greeted by two Beefeaters at the door to the Ballroom.

I settled down to get the card and out came my trusty 'Bug'. The sentiment is from the 'With Gratitude' die. I used the Nestabilities Large and Small labels for the matting for the sentiment. The matting for the image was done by just cutting out rectangles and rounding off the corners with a corner punch. For the red background, used mulberry paper which I embossed with the D'vine Swirl folder. And voila the end result -

5 comments:

Mrs J said...

Wow, what a great take on Peggy's sketch Linda! And what a cool thank you card! I love that you have a Beefeater on there - I think this will be very much appreciated by the recipients! Thanks for playing along with us at www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com, I hope you stop by again soon!
Hugs Mrs Jx

Anonymous said...

I love what you did with the sketch great job, thaks for playing along!
Peggy

Liz said...

Lovely card Linda and love the photos of you and hubby at the ball. Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Linda . J said...

Beautiful card Linda and I love the layout and colours.
Hugs Linda and I'm backkkkk lol.

Louise Emma said...

Great idea with the card and colour scheme x