Friday, July 2, 2010

Birthday Wishes - a new technique

When I was having a wee wander round the net yesterday came across an instruction video on how to make what was referred to as 'tight mats' using nestabilites. Instead of me trying to explain the technique, nip over and have a look. I used the technique, slightly adapted to make my Birthday Wishes card.

Started off with a rectangle nestability to trim down the Birthday Wishes tag, which came from the free papers in the Creative Cardmaking that I recieved this week. Using the same rectangle nestability I cut out the window in the card front. Next came the fiddly bit, well for me it was, cutting the window out in the co-ordinating paper to match the window in the card front. Once I got the paper lined up in the position that I wanted, I drew the outline of the window on the back of the paper. Again using the same rectangle nestability I lined up the die with the outline I had drawn, I cut round the outer edge of the nestability with a craft knife. The piece that was cut out I used as a mat for the Birthday Wishes rectangle.

For a bit of embellishment I punched out both side of a strip of co-ordinating card with the Fiskars Threading Water punch, adding a strip of the co-ordinating paper and finishing it off with a couple of flowers held together with a glittery brad.


Thanks for popping by.

1 comment:

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous DP hun great card
hugs shell xx