Monday, March 16, 2009

My Secret - Revealed

Apologies, first of all, to all those who have been patiently waiting for my secret to be revealed, but haven't had a minute over the weekend to do the reveal.

Well, last Wednesday, the 11th, was my Dad's 80th birthday. For his present, as what do you give someone who is 80 and has almost all that he needs, Billy and I said we would pay for his birthday lunch. At the lunch were my Mam, my 3 kids, Dad's sister, brother and sister-in-law and 10 close friends. 18 in total.


The Cake

But what Dad or Mam didn't know was that there would to be 19 sitting down for lunch. The extra guest being Moi, me, my very ownself. Well you should have seen their faces when they walked into the restuarant and saw me sitting at the table along with the kids. I had flown into Aberdeen that morning, and arrived back in Bahrain last night. Mam thought she was seeing things, and kept looking at me throughout the meal just to make sure she wasn't dreaming.

Dad, not one to show his emotions in public, had a few tears but said that me being there, had made a happy occasion, just perfect.

The Birthday Boy and Me

Billy, unfortunately, had to miss out on the celebrations due to being in the middle of a shutdown at work. Well someone had to work to pay the bill!!!!!! But he did phone after lunch to wish Dad a happy birthday, which made Dad's day as well.

4 comments:

Louise Emma said...

OMG how fantastic and special was that!!!!!!!! What a lovely thing to do.... I bet they were so moved.

Linda . J said...

Hi Linda how fantastic was that for your Mam and Dad. See you soon for that coffee.
Hugs Linda

neverenoughrubberstamps said...

Hello Linda, I have been trying to email you and the address you left keeps coming back.

Cheers,

Dorothy

neverenoughrubberstamps said...

P.S. That was a very sweet thing to do for your Mom & Dad!

Smiles,

Dorothy