Thursday, April 16, 2009

April's Cards Finished

Had two cards to do to get up to date for April. The first one, I decided to tackle was for my brother-in-law. Had an idea of doing a triangular card for him, but my mojo had decided to go walkabout and although I got a card done I wasn't happy with it. Then my memory kicked in. I had done a card last year for a spare and thought it would be suitable, so when I looked it out I decided to use it instead, particularly he loves music and playing the piano.

Luckily my mojo seemed to come back when I started on an anniversary card for our good friends in Saudi, Annie and Mike. Scroll through some of my downloads came across a sheet that had downloaded from Fred-She-Said - Dancing Daisy. As there are two dancing daisy images on the sheet, I decoupaged one of the flower heads and used Inkssentials Glossy Accents to highlight the petals. Nestabilities Classic Scalloped Rectangles were used to for the bottom two layers of the mats and the Classic Rectangle for the top layer.

Being a thrifty cardmaker, I decided I wouldn't throw out the triangular card I had originally wanted to do for my brother-in-law, I finished it off with a couple of peel-offs and use it for a birthday card that I need for May. So it now means that all the cards I need for now till the end of May are done.


1 comment:

Louise Emma said...

Great cards Linda, I love freds stuff too x Well done x