Sunday, June 27, 2010

50th Birthday

A friend asked me to do a birthday for her sister-in-law's 50th Birthday, and who was described to me as a pink sparkly type of person.

I knew that I would be using a digital stamp from Bugaboo from the 'Pink Ribbon' range - Meg. I had a rummage through my stash and found a long forgotten bundle of matstock from DCWV called 'All Dressed Up', selecting a pink/grey/black glittered striped mat and a pink and black flowered mat. I made the base card from black cardstock from K&Company's recycled range - Remake Night Blacks. The plain pink cardstock also came from K&Company - Remake Berry Pinks.

I tried a new fold, well to me, for this card, called Joy Fold, which I saw as a tutorial over at Whimsie Doodles Tuesday Tutorials adapting the measurements slightly. For the digital stamp, I coloured the majority with copic pens using Cotton Candy Stickles for Meg's shoes, bag and wrap and Fruit Punch Stickles for the flower. The final touch was to attach the the sentiment with glittered pink brads.

I have a feeling that it ticks the pink and sparkly boxes.

Thanks for popping by.

No comments: