Monday, June 14, 2010

Happy Birthdays

The latest cards are for a couple of girls at the school. No instructions came with the cards apart from one was a sister-in-law and the other for a husband.
For the sister-in-law one, I knew that I would use a butterfly topper from Kanban called Autumn Butterflies Coffee and used foam pads to put the topper together. For the bamboo background I embossed a piece of cream lustre thin card, using a new cuttlebug embossing folder from the Oriental Weave collection and coloured the bamboo using copic pens. Then matted it on a piece of coffee coloured cardstock and which was matted on some cream cardstock. Finishing off with a stamped sentiment.

For the husband, I used a few magazine freebies to put it together. The striped and spotted papers came from Creative Cardmaking and the Popcorn topper was another freebie from Simply Cards & Papercrafts. I used some cardstock that I had lying about - Lasting Impressions Cornflower Solid - for the base mats.

Thanks for popping by.

2 comments:

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Both gorgeous hun...lovin the flutterbut stunning...love your bambo to its great

hugs shell xx

Louise Emma said...

Both gorgeous cards hun x You did well for having no instructions...I hate it when I don't know what they like!!!