Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Moonlight Prowl

Since 2006, The Moonlight Prowl, an annual event in my home town of Fraserburgh and an event that I have always wanted to take part in but have never been at home for. This year, however is different, I am going to be in Fraserburgh on the 2nd of June and I will be one of the walkers. I will be walking with my eldest daughter, Tara, and one of my best gal pals, Jane.


Although breast cancer hasn't touched my family (touch wood), I know many who have survived or have succumbed to breast cancer, along with many other forms of cancer. My darling hubby, Billy, is a 25 year survivor whilst my dear brother-in-law, Ian, succumbed to lung cancer in August 2011 after a 3 year battle. I am sure that Ian will be cheering me on. I hope that he will be in good voice as the week before he will be cheering along his son, also called Ian, who is running the Edinburgh Half Marathon in memory of his Dad to raise money for Marie Curie Cancer Care who provided excellent support to Ian during his battle.


Going back to the Moonlight Prowl since the first Prowl in 2006 they have raised over £460,000 and which has been donated to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary’s Breast Care Centre and, thanks to the support of The Rowett Research Institute and Aberdeen University, a number of potentially life saving and ground breaking research programmes have been established.


Here's a wee peek at the last year's event and for more info on this year's event click here



Thanks for popping by.

No comments: