Friday, June 12, 2009

Father's Day

Can't believe that Father's Day is only a week away. At last I have managed to get my Father's Day cards done for my Dad and Billy's Dad and will get them delivered to Barbara, an Awali neighbour who is heading from the UK on Monday, to post when she lands in the 'Old Blighty'.

The inspiration for my Dad's one, came for the verse -

Any man can be a father
But it takes someone special
To be a Dad.

The backing papers were from a selection of papers which I downloaded from Crafter's Companion. For the top layer of the matting I inserted the checked paper into a text box in Word and then lightened it a wee bit and adding the text, using different font sizes and colours. Also inserted the bunny from Bee Crafty, adding a co-ordinating coloured border to both the text box and image.

My second Father's Day card is for Billy's dad. The first six lines of the poem express exactly the man he is -
A man of strength
A man of pride
A man of courage
A man of wisdom and ideals
A man of faith
A man of honor

All the layers were done using the drawing tool in Word and inserting the background papers that I downloaded a long time ago. Can't remember exactly where I got them from as at the time I downloaded I hadn't started including in the filename where they came from.


No comments: