Friday, June 12, 2009

Three from last week

The first of the three from last week is for Rita, whom my kids affectionately call their Foster Mum. My inspiration for this one came from the verse which I came across when looking for a verse for my friend Jane's card. The verse being -
Take each birthday with a pinch of salt
This works much better
if the salt is accompanied with a margarita

Why you ask why was this verse my inspiration? Well, Rita loves her cocktails and her 'Sunday Name' is Margarita.

The papers are from the Bo'bunny's Summer Breeze range, card and vellum and used lime green ribbon as a decorative touch. The sentiment was typed out in Word, cut out with using the Nestabilities 'Blossom' die.

The next card was one as I was asked to do a card by Pat, one of my Canasta buddies', for her brother's brithday. One of the things that I was told that he liked was motorbikes. Instantly knew what I would do for this card. I still had some papers from a pack of a set of Harley Davidson backing papers, which I used for another big project. And also the 'Motorbiker's Prayer' which used the 23rd Psalm as its guideline and et voila the end result.

Card has been delivered and Pat was delighted with it and as I type it is winging its way to South Africa.

The last card from last week was again a request from a friend, this time my best buddy who lives over in Jubail, Saudi Arabia. She wanted a anniversary card one for her good friends back home in the UK, Corrine and Dave's. Annie had said that she like the card I had done for one of my friends, Fiona and Stephen's anniversary. I did a similar card style of card for Annie, using Dorothy's instructions over on Amazing Paper Grace. For the insert inside the card, I incorporated a photo that Annie had sent to me that was taken of Corrine and Dave on their wedding day.

No comments: