Friday, June 12, 2009

One arrival and One departure

This week I am proud to annouce that I am a Great Aunt for the second time, another Great Niece, no name as yet. Looking forward to seeing the new addition when we are home at the beginning of July.

Had to the kind of card that everyone hates doing, a sympathy one. Was shocked when I read our local paper online that one of our old neighbours daughter had died, she was only two years younger than me. Make you realise how important how important it is live life to the fullest as you don't know when you have to leave this mortal coil. As it she was a young person decided to do something quite simple and modern. So out came my trusty 'bug' and on an offcut of cardstock embossed the flower image from the Cuttlebug 'with love' selection. An image I find so suitable for so many different occasions. Highlighted the flowers with purple chalk and the stems with a pale green Whisper pen. The sentiment was printed off on the same cardstock as I used for the flower and both were mounted on white cardstock.

2 comments:

Linda . J said...

Beautiful card Linda and love the colours.
Hugs Linda

Louise Emma said...

Lovely and classy x